Terms and Conditions
Understand this bit is boring and time consuming, however, it's very important you read these terms and conditions prior to doing business with us. We have tried to make them simple and straight forward and they are only here to protect buyers, sellers and us, the auction house! Whether buying or selling with Tullochs Auctions, you are bound by and accept these terms and conditions in their entirety.
- Seller’s Commission fees of 19.5% plus G.S.T for general goods and for vehicles the following schedule applies: hammer price of up to $3999 15% plus G.S.T above $4000 8% plus G.S.T unless otherwise agreed.
- An listing fee of $250 applies to motor vehicles. The fee is refunded in the case of a completed sale. If a motor vehicle or motorcycle is withdrawn from sale after confirmation of entry has been received and marketing has commenced, a withdrawal fee of not less than $500 will be payable by the vendor to Tullochs Auctions to cover storage, insurance, advertising costs etc. Unsold vehicles not collected promptly on request will be transported to, and stored at a third-party facility with applicable rates charged to the vehicle owner at cost.
- Goods that are deemed unsaleable may, after reasonable attempts to seek instruction from the vendor, be disposed of at the discretion of Tullochs Auctions and may incur disposal fees that are to be paid by the vendor.
- Goods withdrawn from auction but not collected within 28 days of the vendor being notified may be sold to cover storage costs with proceeds going to the vendor in line with the Disposal of Uncollected Goods Act 2020.
- All items once sold or withdrawn from auction are stored at the vendor or buyer’s (whichever is applicable) risk and Tullochs Auctions will not be responsible for any damage or loss once payment has been received, or item has been withdrawn from auction (whichever is applicable).
- The highest bidder shall be the purchaser, but in the event of any dispute arising between two or more bidders the ultimate purchaser may be determined by the Auctioneer, whose decision shall be final or they may put the lot or lots up for auction again.
- The Auctioneer may, without giving reason, refuse to accept the bid of any person or persons, and may decline the offer for any lot or withdraw any lot or lots at any time.
- Immediately after the fall of the hammer, the buyer shall, if requested by the Auctioneer, pay a deposit of not less than 10 percent of the purchase price of the lot and any further deposits when requested.
- 1. The whole of the lots having been available for inspection, no allowances or refunds will be made, nor will any buyer be permitted to reject any lot on the ground that it is not correctly described. The said lots are to be taken with all faults (if any) and will be at the buyer’s risk on fall of the hammer, thereafter the vendor and auctioneer will be free of all responsibility for safe guarding the goods and will not be liable for any loss of or responsibility to the goods whether such loss or damage is caused or contributed to by any act, neglect, or default of the Vendor, its servants, employees or agents. Motor vehicles are sold on an As Is, Where Is basis and are assessed by visual inspection only which is the opinion of the booking-in officer and may differ from your own. Whilst Tullochs Auctions are diligent to provide accurate and complete information about its vehicles, Tullochs Auctions provide no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy or completeness of such information. Descriptions and verbal assessments are provided as a guide only and vehicles may have damage/issues/histories that are not immediately obvious. Photographs displayed on the website form part of the description of the vehicle, however, they should not be relied upon solely and may not represent or clearly show all damage to the vehicle. No mechanical testing is undertaken and the vehicles are not started or driven for assessment purposes unless otherwise stated. There may be other mechanical issues, damage or history that are not contained in the description of a vehicle, and it is the buyer’s responsibility to independently verify all information provided and conduct all other checks such as PPSR, WOVR history, recalls or other checks and any other research they deem necessary to satisfy themselves that the vehicle is fit for their purposes PRIOR to placing a bid. Your personal inspection or inspection undertaken by a professional or other third party on your behalf are most welcome and highly recommended before placing a bid as once a bid is placed it cannot be withdrawn, and all sales are final with no refunds given.
- Any deficiency in the quality described shall not vitiate the sale but neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers shall be accountable for any deficiency, damage or loss which arise thereafter.
- In the event of non-compliance with any of the above Terms and Conditions, all monies paid by the Purchaser shall be absolutely forfeited and the goods purchased may be sold, either by Public Auction or Private Contract, without notification at the risk and expense of the former purchaser who shall be liable for any deficiency which may arise together with all costs and charges, but, shall be entitled to any profit which may accrue from such resale.
- The Auctioneer is acting as selling agent for the respective owners of all lots. The Auctioneer does not warrant the title to any lot and shall not be responsible for deficiency in any such title.
- A 15% (plus GST) Buyer’s Premium applies to all lots excepting motor vehicles whereupon the following schedule applies; hammer price of $1-3999 15% plus G.S.T , above $4000 9% plus G.S.T
- PAYMENT TERMS: Payment is due strictly within two business days of Auction. Direct Deposit preferred (see your invoice for account details), Cheques: Bank cheque only, but goods are not released until funds have cleared. Payments in person: Cash, Eftpos, Visa or Mastercard-attract a 1.5% fee.
- GOODS MUST BE PICKED UP AND PAID FOR WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS OR A STORAGE FEE OF $12 A DAY MAY APPLY. Please ensure you make appropriate arrangements for collection as Tullochs staff are not responsible for loading or securing items.